The Southampton District works with its circuits to develop the mission of the Methodist Church in our area. District Staff are engaged with churches, circuits and district schemes in line with the District Vision Statement and National priorities.
SOUTHAMPTON DISTRICT VISION
We will be a District where Circuits, Local Churches and individuals of all ages are accompanied and encouraged to respond to the gospel of Jesus Christ and participate in God’s mission in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- to give priority in using our finite resources to support Circuits that are engaging positively in the reshaping for mission process;
- to support Local Churches and Circuits in providing a safe professional and legal environment;
- to encourage Local Churches to explore and trial new ways of being ‘church’;
- to encourage and resource Christian learning and discipleship across the District;
- to develop partnerships within the District and the wider global and ecumenical context focused on mission, and to engage with the inter-faith landscape.