Introduction to WL Enabler
SOUTHAMPTON METHODIST DISTRICT
District Worship Leader Enabler:
Mrs Karen Frost
Dear Worship Leaders
Having been “advertised” for the past few months on the District website, at last the new District Worship Leader (WL) Enabler has arrived!
It’s a bit daunting writing an introductory letter, however I think I ought to share something of myself with you…
Who am I?
- I’m a member at Thatcham Methodist Church in the newly formed Kennet & Test Valley Circuit.
- I’m an experienced WL (about 10 years) and school governor trainer, a member of our church Worship Consultation and a new church steward.
- I enjoy traditional and contemporary worship, and am willing to have a go at most things in worship, although it has to be said that dance is not my forte!
- In my “day” job I’m a Family Support Worker working with West Berkshire’s vulnerable children and their families. (2.5 days a week)
- I’m married to Richard, have 4 children (two at university, one living and working in London and one in Year 13).
- In my spare time, I like caravanning (new hobby), reading, cooking and music.
What is my role?
- To encourage circuits to promote the recruitment and training of new WLs.
- To establish regular communication with WL representatives and to encourage you to set up groups of “neighbouring” circuits to develop and understand training needs,
- To encourage a culture of mutual co-operation and recognition of gifts and graces between LPs and WLs in circuits (working alongside the District LP Enabler.)
- To be available to respond to invitations – to assist with local WL training and recruitment.
- And a few other things besides!
What can I do for you?
- I’m happy to advise and support you in WL training
- To speak at meetings about the role of WLs
- To provide information and suggest resources for WLs
- Anything else you ask – within reason!
The role of District Worship Leader Enabler is new to all of us, and I’m sure it will evolve as time goes on.
I intend to use the District website as much as I can, so do look on there for updates. For WLs who don’t have access to the internet, information will be posted to you.
I look forward to speaking with you and meeting you. Please do get in touch if you think I can support you in your role as WL.
Yours in His service
Karen Frost (Mrs)
District Worship Leader Enabler